NOTE:


† And then the Curse swept the Earth

quinta-feira, 13 de outubro de 2011

Sutekh Hexen

Finally, i got my claws on this one. "Luciform" is the first full-length from the great blackened noise duo Sutekh Hexen. The first thing that comes to my mind while listening to this album is the light & the dark sides of Nature. They attack my imagination and all of a sudden I have visions of dead, decaying animals being eaten by maggots and becoming food for the earth, so other beings can be reborn. Sutekh Hexen’s music also invokes a sense of coldness in me that I guess I would explain as the sonic storm that this band conjures up with each of their songs. Their music is frantic movement that pulsates & spins your most demented thoughts around a thousand times. 

What I really dig about Sutekh Hexen is the way they manipulate sound. It's just layers and layers of sound, and every time i listen to this over and over, i discover new sounds that in a first listen, just passed through my ears unnoticed. It’s almost seems that each song on "Luciform" is it’s own audio ritual of mayhem on the verge of tranquility. Sutekh Hexen wants your mind to travel when you hear what they are laying down, but at the end of the day, they will not hold your hand or make it easy for you. The vocals on "Luciform" are harsh as fuck & come at you from many directions, which can leave you in awe at times, but this is a part of the fun of having this band invade your brain! With no shadow of doubt, it will take its position on my favorite albums of this year. Now, be fast and order your copy here. Recommended.

2 comentários:

  1. Finally got around to listening to this monster. Excellent shit man.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes it is, not recommended to the vulgar BM listener ;)

    ResponderEliminar